“Design is so simple. That’s why it’s so complicated.” –Paul Rand
Designing is combining art, UX, usability, and accessibility to show who you are and make people feel and act.
- Determine the structure of the site: How many pages; how to group them; how they link together
- Decide what elements should be included: Text pages; images; galleries; slideshows; mailing list signups; contact forms; blogs; shopping carts; social media integration
- Create the design: Layout, color palette, archetypes, and appropriate graphics
- Test the design with actual human users: Targeted audiences, defined goals, interviews, and questionnaires
- Revise and improve: Use what we learn from testing to make your website friendly, easy-to-use, engaging, and effective.