Are you using the Command Line? If not, keep reading to find out how it will speed up your work and help you to become generally more effective and productive.
Using the Bash Command Line
In this presentation, we share an introduction to the Bash Command Line and WP-CLI to install, administer, and even delete WordPress in seconds.
Key notes from the command line presentation:
- Bash is a command processor that typically runs in a text window, where the user types commands that cause actions (source: Wikipedia)
- Bash is the default login shell for most Linux distributions and Mac OS X
- A command line can be made up of a prefix, name, flag, sub command, argument, options, and more
- Frequently used commands include Ls, Cd, Clear, Pwd, Touch, Tar, Zip, Rm, Mv, SSH, Open, Subl, Curl, and Top
- WP-CLI is the command line interface for WordPress. You can update plugins, configure multisite installations and much more, without using a web browser. (source: wp-cli.org)
- Common tasks include installing WordPress, installing and activating plugins, creating users, adding capabilities to a particular role, resetting passwords, importing or exporting a database, searching a database, creating forms, exporting form entries, and creating posts and pages
- In conclusion, using command lines means that you can work faster and become more valuable to your employer
We hope that you have found this presentation informative. Read more about WordPress websites by checking out our full list of blog posts. You might particularly like our Tips for Getting More Done Without Working More Hours!