Do you want to speed up your work? Become more effective and productive?
In this presentation, we share an introduction to the Bash Command Line and WP-CLI to
install, administer, and even delete WordPress in seconds.
Key notes from the presentation:
- Bash is a command processor that typically runs in a text window, where the user types commands that cause actions (source: Wikipedia)
- Bash is the default login shell for most Linux distributions and Mac OS X
- A command line can be made up of a prefix, name, flag, sub command, argument, options, and more
- Frequently used commands include Ls, Cd, Clear, Pwd, Touch, Tar, Zip, Rm, Mv, SSH, Open, Subl, Curl, and Top
- WP-CLI is the command line interface for WordPress. You can update plugins, configure multisite installations and much more, without using a web browser. (source: wp-cli.org)
- Common tasks include installing WordPress, installing and activating plugins, creating users, adding capabilities to a particular role, resetting passwords, importing or exporting a database, searching a database, creating forms, exporting form entries, and creating posts and pages
- Using command lines means that you can work faster and become more valuable to your employer
Read more about WordPress websites by checking out our full list of blog posts.