If you want to know more about successful WordPress maintenance for your site, here’s our top five crucial steps that you don’t want to ignore!
So. You’ve built your beautiful, engaging WordPress website and now you plan to sit back and coax to SEO bliss – or are you?
When it comes to keeping your WordPress website humming, you can forget about having a fix-it-and-forget-it approach. Regular maintenance is the name of the game for this web platform. Here are some vital steps you must take on a regular basis for your WordPress website.
WordPress Maintenance Tips
- Update and maintain all security measures. WordPress is the most popular website platform in the world. That means it is also a key target for hackers and malware. Focus on security measures like regularly updating passwords and performing malware scans.
- Make sure it is performing as required. It’s a good idea to schedule a monthly audit of website functions, such as loading times and repairing broken links. Use Google Search Console or a plugin like Broken Link Checker to ensure that your broken links are identified and repaired.
- Back it up. Keeping a regular backup of your website is one of the most important things you can do. Yes, websites can sometimes break due to plugin issues, hacking, or other technical mishaps. By having a backup, you can restore your website to a point before it was broken.
- Update your software. By taking the time to routinely update your software such as plugins and themes, you can prevent one of the most common ways that malware infects a website.
- Clean your cache. When a website has a lot of unnecessary caches, it makes it run much slower. It’s a good idea to clean up the cache so they aren’t taking up critical space and also delete any spam.
To learn even more great WordPress maintenance tips, read our post Best Practices for Managing your WordPress Website.