Latest posts by Andrea Ferguson (see all)
- Do I Really Need to Care About GDPR? Maybe. - August 7, 2018
- Quick Thoughts on Where to Put Your Sidebar (or, Ode to the Sidebar) - March 7, 2017
- The Return of the Beautiful Web - March 5, 2017
Below are the slides from our presentation at the recent HBCUgrow LEAD Conference (AndiSites is a founding partner in HBCUgrow).
What Does It Cover?
- The power of digital media.
- Effective examples of using digital media for online storytelling.
- Three techniques to improve your digital media.
What Are the Key Takeaways?
- Tip #1: If you can, hire a professional. If you can’t, take pictures yourself, but attend to details. Having some photos is better than having no photos. However, having no photos is better than having bad photos.
- Tip #2: Tell the story quickly (“Get deep quick.”). Respect people’s time. Be direct. Let them see more if they want to. Push more after building a relationship.
- Tip #3: Let the users drive. The beauty of the web is in its interactivity. Make an impact. No more brochure sites full of text.